Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Body and Mind

Ask Ray | An interesting article about body and mind

May 14, 2013


credit: Baris Simsek
This is a really interesting article about body and mind which I recently read. I wanted to share it with my readers:
Here is a compelling excerpt: “I do not identify with my body. I have a body but I am a mind.
“My body and I have an intimate but awkward relationship, like foreign roommates who share a bedroom but not a language.
“As the thinker of the pair, I contemplate my body with curiosity, as a scientist might observe a primitive species. Though I identify with mind, the mind itself is matter.
“My relation to my body resembles a privy council’s relation to an adolescent king. I am thoughtful and wise and know best what to do, but my capricious body possesses the power and final authority, and I must tiptoe round its whims.”
Best,
Ray Kurzweil

No comments: