Translate AMICOR contents if you like

Monday, June 01, 2015

Top Twelve Books

The Delanceyplace.com Top Twelve Books of the Decade:

Tomorrow is the tenth anniversary of delanceyplace.com, and to celebrate we are doing three things. First, we are announcing our top books of the decade--all listed below. Second, we have tabulated all the many votes we received from our readers for best selections of the decade, and will be emailing them one-by-one in a countdown over the next couple of weeks. Lastly, we've randomly drawn ten names from among all those who submitted their choices, and will be sending a copy of all of our top books to each of the winners. 

I've read roughly 1500 books in the past decade, but since Google tells us there have been129,864,880 books published in modern history, it seems like the smallest possible drop in the bucket. I tried over the last couple of months to narrow down these 1500 books into my own personal top ten.

I almost succeeded--I got it down to my top twelve. Or top seventeen. Or top twenty. Depending on how you count.

And I've listed sixteen more under the heading "Best of the Rest" -- almost any of which could rightly have been included in my top twelve./.../

No comments: